Once again, I overwhelmed myself with ideas. I do this all the time. What I am referring to in this case is coming up with my Personal Twelve Commandments then deciding I am going to track them in a bullet journal.
As I explained in my post My Bullet Journal Struggles, I couldn’t even figure out how to organize myself. Well durr, I was trying to organize the impossible. I can’t take on all Twelve Commandments and associated actions in one get go!
Universe to the rescue!
The Universe always provides me with answers to my struggles. Always! Very often in unsuspecting round about ways. I have learned to stay open to this assistance. This happened today:
- Message from my friend, Jeanne – “Ready for the next amazing person I want to introduce you to?” to which I responded, “of course”. I am open to making new connections.
- Response from friend – “Okay, so I’m going to invite you to a group – Hustle-Free Strategy 2018. It’s Amy Latzen Birks, and I love her.” I had no idea what this group was about, but I am open to new adventures.
- Day One Challenge to the group – go watch a Todd Herman video. I have no clue what he is going to talk about, but I am open to learning new concepts.
- Todd talks about – the dangers of context switching (aka hopping from one project to another) and the advantages of never planning beyond 90 days. I am open to seeing how this applies to me.
- Which all leads me to ….. *LIGHTBULB* … I can apply this to my Twelve Commandments.
So, here we go …. from my Personal Twelve Commandments, what do I MOST want to focus on in the next 90 days? As in, what will bring me the biggest benefit at the moment?
- Get up and stay up when the alarm goes off
- Floss every day
- Embrace the mundane
- Pause before paying
- Stay in the present
- Put the phone down
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
- Read fiction
- Move my body
- Honour my parents
- Reach out and connect
- Follow my curiosity
Feeling healthy (#7) and fit (#9) creates the energy and power to work on all the other commandments. Alrighty then, let’s start there!
Now over to Amy’s Day Two Challenge … What would be mind blowing awesome if I achieve it at the end of my 90 days?
By the end of 90 days, I:
- walk at least 10,000 steps every day
- drink 8 cups of water daily
- follow the 80/20 rule for my not-so-good-for-me foods by limiting bread, chips, sugar, alcohol to Saturdays and Sundays only.
Now THIS I can focus on and track!
Thank you, Universe. Thank you, Jeanne. Thank you, Amy. Thank you, Todd.
WOOT! I am stoked!